Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Our little monkey...

This morning I was getting ready in the bathroom. Lucy was in the pack-n-play so she'd be safe (she's rolling everywhere these days...and eventually she'll roll into a wall or bureau!). I could hear Joseph talking to her. And then...BIG sneezes.

I heard the pitter-patter of little feet running as fast as they could. It was Joseph running into the bathroom to get Lucy a tissue! "Mom, Lucy has a huge boogey!" I thanked him for being a good helper and told him to let me know if he needed help. He ran off to wipe her nose.

He was back a moment later. "Did you get it," I asked. "NO! She was acting like a MONKEY (demonstration of monkey inserted here) moving her arms and legs all around. I asked her to be still for just a minute, but she wouldn't."

Ha! I laughed before I headed back with him. Honestly, I'm grateful that he thought to get her a tissue at all. At 4 1/2, he just doesn't seem to believe in them for himself yet :).

Thank you, God, for extra eyes to watch over my baby and take care of all of her needs. And, thank you, for all my "monkeys" who bring me such fulfillment, frustration, and joy...all rolled into one!

No comments:

Post a Comment