Monday, November 5, 2012

My enemy...



...supposedly has lots of data to support its validity!

I'm talking about daylight savings time. Changing the clocks back an hour has benefits. I just read about them: lower traffic accidents, better productivity which leads to a better economy, lower energy demands, etc.

At our house, however, we only have 5 children who are completely messed up and 2 cranky parents!!! My fellow preschool moms were in full agreement with me this morning: This really needs to be outlawed! Stop the madness!

For example, it is 7:34 p.m. and all my children are asleep. The baby has been down since 6:10 p.m., and I forced the others to stay awake (I read 4 books tonight!) until 7:15 p.m. I'm trying to re-set their internal clocks. The baby was a lost cause, clearly!

Any guesses what time everyone will be up in the morning!?! Better not think of that...it'll ruin my quiet hour....before I fall asleep at 9 p.m.

On a positive note, I talked to my mom today. She said that she and my dad thoroughly enjoyed their extra hour of sleep. Though she doesn't seem to remember it, I'm sure that it messed us up as children too (there were four of us very close in age). So, it must come full circle. God Bless all those people who needed the extra hour of sleep...and got it. And, God help the rest of us :).

No comments:

Post a Comment