Wednesday, April 24, 2013

3-2-1 apparently means...

DONE!

I have had interesting encounters at checkout counters recently. Not all of them have been negative...just interesting!

I have been doing my grocery shopping on Friday mornings. We are usually just about out of milk, bread, and bananas (and other staples!), and I just detest grocery shopping on the weekends (as a stay-at-home mom, I have become quite accustomed to shopping when stores are not crowded...and I quite like it!).

On Friday mornings, I have my three youngest with me. They are ages 3, 2, and 1. They are *generally* well behaved (the longer the list, the more trouble we may have!). The free cookies at the bakery can be life saving (especially if I use it as a bribe until we're almost done shopping!).

Anyway, the past two weeks have been interesting at checkout. Two weeks ago, I got into a lively conversation with the bagger. She was commenting on how much milk I was buying! I explained that I also had two older children who were at school. And yes...at almost a gallon consumed a day...we do drink a ton of milk :).

She said, "Girl...haven't you heard of getting your tubes tied!?!" Talk about a conversation breaker :). I thought we were discussing milk.

Because she was a very pleasant lady (who was being very kind and patient with my children...who were done with shopping!), I kept the conversation going. I explained that we are very much enjoying our blessings (although maybe not at that particular moment...ha!), and I provided an extremely simplified explanation of natural family planning (only because she continued talking about birth control!).

She ended our conversation with a five-high and, "You go girl!"

Last week, the smiling cashier asked me the ages of my children. I said, "They are 3, 2, and 1." To which she replied, "That can only mean one thing."

I looked at her with a puzzled look (obviously, it did not mean anything to me...other than that I'm very busy and kinda crazy!!). She continued, "3, 2, 1...DONE." As in no more children.

I just smiled with a stupid grin. I was busy digging for my credit card and warning Justin about stealing candy (about a month ago, I discovered that he bit into a package of Rolos...and put it back on the shelf!!). I just wanted to get home and put the food away before rushing back to preschool!

So, I was one for two with my checkout counter evangelization! Can't wait to see what happens this Friday. Gotta love people...is nothing off limits anymore?! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment