Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Priceless


My 4-year-old daughter Cecilia has gorgeous blond hair. As I come to terms with the fact that my first gray/white hairs are really there (I had quite a case of denial when my husband first pointed them out to me!), I appreciate my children's (all of them are quite blond...except for baby Teresa who still has the very dark hair that she was born with) hair!

Last Saturday, we were on the ride at Hershey's Chocolate World (one of the kids' favorite things to do in winter!). Cecilia leaned over and whispered in my ear, "Mommy, when you were a kid, did you have yellow hair like me?" I told her that, believe it or not, I did (maybe not as blond as she is, but definitely blond). She thought for a moment before saying, "When I grow up, I hope I have brown hair just like yours!"

WHAT!?! Luckily, I didn't say it outloud. I didn't explain that women pay huge amounts of money to have blond hair like hers! I didn't tell her that I would love to have her blond hair myself, and that I only recently stopped spending money to have my hair highlighted to be "just a little bit blond". I'm not a blond (and I'm not a size 6 any more either)...reality just hurts lately!

Rather, I tried to capture the moment. My beautiful sweet girl telling me that she wants to be like me.

Priceless!


No comments:

Post a Comment