Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Wanted: More Zeal!

Watch over with zeal and patience that portion of the Lord’s vineyard 
that has been entrusted to you!
--Pope Francis

My beautiful Cecilia in her spring dance recital! Gianna picked out a red rose for Cecilia ROSE!
Something happens to me every mid-April (well, since around 2009, that is). I start having panic attacks about summer. Instead of enjoying the beautiful spring weather (although I do appreciate that I can send my kids outside again!), I start to feel very anxious and tense knowing that summer vacation is right around the corner.

For the record, I do like spending time with my children. They are my greatest treasures and a great cause of my joy. But when I am responsible for taking care of every.single.need (including entertainment!) for six children for hours and days on end...even the thought of it makes me go a little batty! My rational brain knows that it'll be okay, but I fear that the transition might take my last bit of sanity.

I pray about it...a lot! And, I occasionally feel the fruits immediately. Other times, I wonder why in the world the Holy Spirit is letting me experience such ridiculous, overwhelming moments without rushing to my rescue!!! My 8-year-old daughter, Gianna, recently told me that she wished Mary would appear to her. I've been thinking that for years...it would be so much easier to have a conversation with Mary (or Jesus) instead of trying to explain all my mixed feelings and emotions to the clouds! :)

Here's my "baby"...I just love that she's growing up!
So, here I am writing this on my third full day of summer vacation with the kids! I felt a strong urge to write today, so perhaps I'll write more to stay sane during these endless summer days!

I randomly found the quote above on Facebook today. Pope Francis just said it to some bishops yesterday...but it really resonated with me. My house is my "portion of the Lord's vineyard." What a great privilege and blessing that the Lord has entrusted it to me. I often feel like the vineyard is a complete disaster...messes everywhere, people being mean to one another, chaos, and disorder. But, I do not need to be discouraged.

Love her innocence, smile, and laughter! Lucy, age 3
Instead, I can pray for more patience and more zeal! While I'm at it, I'll ask for more energy, more affordable/kid friendly activities that I can bring all my children to, less fighting, more contentment and peace, less anxiety, and a greater appreciation of ALL seasons of this short life. Amen. 

Happy Summer :).

Look at what happened in my husband's new hanging flower pot! It's on our front porch and the kids have a front row seat to God's beautiful nature!




No comments:

Post a Comment