Thursday, July 5, 2012

Things that go...



I chose this picture of our house (in the biggest snowstorm we had in the years that we lived here) because I am sitting here melting in the July heat. The snow looks so welcoming :).

We're getting ready to put our house on the market. This statement both excites me and terrifies me! We have been so blessed in this house. We moved in just 6 short years ago when I was pregnant with my oldest child.

I painted her nursery when I was 9 months pregnant (had to pass the time somehow!). I'll never forget the mail lady's look when she glanced up and saw me in the window...very pregnant, standing on a ladder, sweat dripping, covered in a limish-green paint...yet glowing with a big smile (and belly!). Such an accomplishment for me!

Today that paint is not so pretty. Our realtor said it's time to go. "Would you be open to painting this room white?," she asked, as soon as she walked in. "White?" Deep breath! So many babies have slept in this room. So many toddlers. Currently, a few preschoolers. SO many colorful memories in 6 years.

"Yes," I said, "White, it is." We soon discovered that both Home Depot and Lowes sell at least 20 varieties of "white". We chose a color called Delicate White (sounds better to me than just "white"!).

It is time to go. I'm praying that the good Lord will lead us painlessly to our next home (we haven't found it yet). The mixed emotions can be overwhelming at times, but I look around at our one and only living room/play room/family room/place to be together as a family, and (as I trip over the toys), I know it's time to go.

A quote by Sara Teasdale that I read this morning confirmed it..."I make the most of all that comes, and the least of all that goes." So, the green goes. I will make the most of all the exciting changes coming our way. And, I pray that the Blessed Mother will help me to be who I am called to be every single step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment