Monday, July 2, 2012

The importance of magnets...

My 5 1/2-year-old daughter informed me today that she knows why we chose the name Lucy for our baby girl. She was very excited to tell me why. I was anticipating an answer about the saints...she knows very well that all of the children in our family are named after saints that are special to Mommy and Daddy.

Nope...she informed that it is because it is the one name in the family that she can spell out with the alphabet magnets (we are missing a few essential letters...perhaps if we moved the fridge to find the rest, she could spell more!). Although, I have been told, she can never spell Gianna because it has two A's! She was SO proud of the LUCY discovery! She rushed to put the magnets on Lucy herself. Lucy was delighted with the attention!

"Is that why, Mommy?!" I couldn't ruin the moment..."Exactly!"



No comments:

Post a Comment