Thursday, October 24, 2013

In thanksgiving...

to God for our beautiful new daughter!!!

Teresa Elizabeth was named by her father after her birth...we still hadn't decided on a girl name, so I decided to let my husband choose once we knew the gender!

I'm glad that he picked Teresa because I was reading two books when I was in hospital waiting for them to start pitocin. One book was on Mother Teresa and the other extensively quoted St. Teresa of Avila! The name Teresa was on our short list, but we were considering the other names more. Now, it feels like the right choice...and I pray that all the special St. Teresa's (and St. Elizabeth) will watch over this little angel!


We are glad to be home...but, the reality of having SIX young children is upon me!! I'm so glad that my parents were here to help when I was away and that my husband is off for ten more days...hopefully by then I'll have my stamina back :).

Teresa was only 6lbs. 9 oz. when she was born...although she felt much bigger when she was inside :). I am very proud of my decision to have a natural childbirth without an epidural. This is easy for me to write now...not so much in the moment!!!

I took her to the doctor today and she is already back up to her birth weight at 3-1/2 days old. The pediatrician said this is almost unheard of for breastfed babies. She said that my milk must have come in immediately or that I still had reserves from Lucy...I think both are true...she started eating one minute after birth :). I am grateful that it's going well.

I'm going to stop blogging until my husband goes back to work. He's cutting the lawn now, so I had to get on and let my readers know the wonderful news :). But, I want to rest up and snuggle with Teresa as much as possible before life returns to "normal."

Thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers. Mary's Magnificat kind of sums up how I feel..." The Almighty has done great things for me, And holy is His Name."

Teresa is welcomed home by her siblings!



No comments:

Post a Comment