Monday, October 7, 2013

Making the most of it...

It's pouring today in Harrisburg, PA. We REALLY need the rain. It's been beautiful (although much too humid the past few days...we actually had the sprinkler on for the kids yesterday!) for weeks on end. 

Still, I was bummed as I tried to go about my morning routine. I stopped at Target to buy some birthday presents, and when I was trying to get my golf umbrella opened, I got completely drenched from head-to-toe. I quickly decided to leave the kids in the car...why have three miserable, soaked people in Target!? So, we headed home.

The weather was actually matching my mood. After feeling pretty awful all weekend (despite going to an awesome retreat and enjoying a nice Sunday with my family), I was sure that my OB appointment this morning would bring me closer to having this baby! 

Rather, I was told that everything is pretty much the same. Blood pressure is high, but holding steady. My labs show no progression (although I haven't heard about the blood work that I had done this morning yet). And, my cervix is exactly the same as two weeks ago. So, "collect your urine again for the next 24 hours and....hang in there!" ER!

Of course, I know that everything is GOOD!!! The non-stress test showed a happy baby; and of course, I am grateful that there is nothing seriously wrong!!! I am just extremely uncomfortable, anxious to know how this is all going to play out (not good at SO many things out of my control), and ready to start the next phase of my life! Patience has never been a strong attribute (although many people tell me that not finding out the gender requires way more patience that they have...so maybe I'm alright!?!).


As usual (for better or worse!), the kids helped change my mood! All the way home from preschool, Cecilia was so excited to go home and use her princess umbrella (like I said, it hasn't rained in a long time!). And, I just happened to have two more for Justin and Lucy.

While Lucy never quite got the hang of the umbrella (see above!), the other two were absolutely delighted. I sat on the porch for a 1/2 hour as they marched up and down the driveway in the rain. And, they were SO happy! It was contagious.
 
I started feeling more positive about my situation and saying prayers of gratitude instead of "woe is me!"

My mood will change again ...but, hopefully the kids will do something else to remind me of my blessings.


Have a great day, friends! Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment