Monday, August 19, 2013

My Chronic Problem...

We are back! I disappeared from blogging for a week because we were enjoying some end-of-summer family time.

We spent last Tuesday at a cool museum called Hands On House in Lancaster, PA...



On Wednesday we enjoyed a local wildlife park (kinda weird to see jungle animals in Central Pennsylvania!). Daddy took the kids on the tour. The pregnant lady and the toddler stayed back...neither of us would have done well on a 45-minute bumpy safari ride!


On Thursday, we spent the day at Idlewild Amusement Park in Ligioner, PA. It was very fun (and exhausting...my whole body was hurting by the end as we lasted 7 hours there!). The highlight for Joseph was seeing a Thomas the Train show. Since he was 2, Joseph has loved Thomas. I will be sad on the day that he no longer plays with his trains (by far, the best money Santa ever spent on toys!).



We then met up with my husband's family for a reunion at Seven Springs Resort in western PA. The kids had the time of their young lives with all their cousins! We will have great memories of the time that we were able to spend together. We had beautiful surroundings and gorgeous weather to boot!

It was so nice to celebrate my 38th birthday on Sunday with extended family as well as my immediate family! I woke up in the middle of the night and realized it was my birthday. It was a great chance to say prayers of thanksgiving!

Unfortunately, I didn't taken any pictures the whole weekend. I was too busy chasing Lucy around...she wanted to keep up with the big kids :).

One of the highlights of the trip was visiting the campus of St. Vincent's College in Latrobe, PA. I had no idea how beautiful it would be! The picture at the top was taken in the magnificent church. I finally bought a picture of Our Lady of Guadalupe to proudly display in my house! We could only visit the campus and church a short time (because we had five monkeys running around!), but I managed to squeeze in a few prayers.

I am 30 weeks pregnant today. Praise God! I went to doctor this morning and everything is going well. I have to have an ultrasound in a few weeks to check on a few things, so it'll be a chance to see baby again before we meet him/her!

The title of this post is Chronic Problems. I had to laugh out loud as I read the papers handed to me by the receptionist after my prenatal appointment this morning. It was a summary of my appointment and a prescription for my upcoming ultrasound. On the last page, there was a heading called "Chronic Problems."

Apparently, the fact that I am over 35 is a "chronic problem!"

Oh well...I'll live with it. Feeling very blessed...

Enjoy the rest of your summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment