Friday, September 20, 2013

5000+

Here's a picture of my kids back in August. I had a humorous conversation with some preschool moms at the playground this morning. One was lamenting the official end of summer (hence my summer picture...I was trying to remember some of the fun we had this summer!).

Anyway, this mom was suggesting (in good fun) that fall is for nothing more than introducing winter when everything is just...dead. The whole season just depresses her!

How opposite from how I view fall! For me, summer is the season to merely survive...while fall is for beginnings, beautiful crisp days, sweatshirts/sweatpants (my favorite), apple picking, pumpkins, hay rides, warm drinks, snuggling up with cozy blankets, sleeping better at night, etc.! Not to mention the anticipation of Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

The only thing that I don't love about fall (and it's probably my husband's favorite part of fall...is the return of 3-4 hour football games on TV that trump all other potential weekend plans!).

Anyway, I saw yesterday that my blog has now had 5000 views since I officially started telling people about it last summer. For most bloggers, these stats might be pathetic...but for me, I feel psyched and honored (I block my own views from being counted...so I think these stats are real...ha!?)!

I pray to be humble (because I know that is how Jesus wants me to be), but there is such a big part of me that wants to be recognized, heard, respected (don't we all?!). This is coupled with a deep desire to bring others to God and to make this journey (of being a stay-at-home mom of many blessings) "count." I know this job (the most important one that I've ever had/will have) is "ENOUGH," but I was feeling quite untapped until I found a public voice on this blog.

I think these needs were filled quite naturally when I was a teacher (after all, I was the one up in front of the class day after day...students had no choice but to listen to me...and, as I taught at a Catholic high school, I found tons of ways to share my faith through prayer, stories, etc.!), but it's harder to feel validated when it's you and little tiny people day after day!

Anyway, a sincere thanks to all who read. I am happier on days that I blog...it seems to "refresh" me for the afternoon/evening. And, more importantly, it helps me achieve my goal for keeping a blog at all...to recognize, acknowledge, and appreciate all of God's amazing blessings each and every day (especially the hidden ones that tend to come to light when I sit down to vent (write!).

Here's to 5000 more (I humbly ask...) :o)





















No comments:

Post a Comment