Monday, June 16, 2014

Who you calling baby?

Lucy loved that Teresa visited her crib after nap time one day last week!
My two babies are sleeping right now. It's funny that I refer to Lucy, age 2, as a baby. I remember when Gianna was 2, Joseph was 1, and I was expecting Cecilia. I was at a play date and the host mom had older kids (her oldest was 11 at the time, I believe). This host mom kept calling her 2-year-old daughter "baby," and I remember that it was bugging me. Couldn't she see that 2-year-olds were big kids!?!

Jump ahead almost 6 years...ha! Lucy is definitely still my baby. She's SO stinking cute these days. This age is definitely one of my favorites! I know what's ahead, so I will enjoy calling her my baby a little longer...

Speaking of sleeping, that is something that I have not managed to do in the past 72 hours. I have a sinus infection (it started as a cold that would not go away and then turned into what felt like a balloon head, bad toothache, and low fevers). Anyway, I prescribed an antibiotic for 10 days and a dose of steroids for 5 days.

Steroids leave me completely wired. It is a very artificial, not-too-great feeling "high." The past three nights, I felt tired around 10 as usual, and then just lay there awake hour after hour. I went from the bed to the family room couch back to the bed. Two good things: I have never said so many prayers in my life (well, that's not true...I can't sleep when I'm pregnant either!), and I'm not tired right now either despite no sleep (I couldn't nap right now if I wanted to...).

My sinus infection seems to be gone, so I think I'm going to continue the antibiotics and drop the steroid! I don't think it's healthy to go on like this...

Teresa says, "Wake up sleepyhead!"
When Gianna (who will be 8 at the end of the summer) gave me a hug this morning, I realized that she was up to my shoulders! She is tall for her age, but she just seems so big and so old. I wonder...if Teresa is my youngest...will I still think of her as my baby when she's 8 (God willing!)?

Ha! Life is flying by, so it won't be too long until I find out...

Hope you're having a wonderful summer, everyone! Sweet dreams :).



No comments:

Post a Comment