Thursday, March 21, 2013

It's my turn...



to make someone's day just for the heck of it!

Someone made my day on Sunday. My son Joseph was invited to a birthday party for a classmate at a local gymnastics center that day. I have known the mother of the birthday boy for a few years now, and she is a lovely woman. She made a point to invite not only Joseph, but my two daughters as well. My kids are getting to the age now where usually only one child is invited to the party (and I totally get it...parties are super expensive!!!), so this was a very nice gesture to invite siblings!

I asked my girls if they would like to go to the party as I explained that they might not know that many people and/or there might not be many girls. They both said, "YES!," instantly. I love that my children are still young enough to not have social worries that afflict us as we get older! They heard 'party,' and they were in!

So, off we went. And, they had a blast! I thoroughly enjoyed it as well. My husband had the two younger kids, so I had a nice chat with my girlfriends before devouring delicious pizza for lunch! Overall, it was a big success.

The rest of Sunday was typical craziness. After the children were all safely tucked into their beds, I finally plopped down on the couch to relax around 8:30 p.m. And then I got a text. It was from the mother of the birthday boy, and it said this: "I just love your kids! You are an amazing mother. Will you give me lessons!?" (attached were the above pictures)

Now, I surely shouldn't be giving anyone lessons about anything (this is what rushed into my head as I thought about all the times that I lost my patience with my children that day)!!! But, my next thought was, "Wow...that is so kind!" This unanticipated pat on the back felt awesome!

I haven't paid it forward...yet. But, I hope to start now. I am around amazing mothers everyday who listen to me, encourage me, support me, build me up, laugh with me, and help make me the person and mother that I am. Being around them inspires me to be a better mother. I know that they are there for me and my family, and this makes all the difference in the world when you do have not your family close by. I'm not naming names, but they know who they are! Thank you, amazing mother friends!

I hope at the end of my life that God will say to me, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased." MAN...I have such a very.long.way.to.go!!! Blessed Mother, PLEASE help me...and all my awesome mother friends! I know my chances of getting to heaven are better with them in my life.







No comments:

Post a Comment