Thursday, May 23, 2013

Milestones...

Here is my 1st grader at her kindergarten graduation. Seems like just yesterday that I put her on the bus for the first time! Graduation was very nice. Unfortunately, I didn't see too much of it (don't tell Gianna), because I was busy chasing our brand new walker around the back of the church! Luckily, they sang really loudly, so I heard what I could not see!


Here is Lucy walking around the church. I am so excited to put cute sundresses on her! My girls could never wear dresses between 9-13 months because they couldn't crawl in them and they would get super frustrated. Lucy was delighted with so much room to explore!



Here is my kindergartener at his preschool graduation last week. He just had his kindergarten assessment today. He said it was really fun and he knew all the answers (we'll see!). I had to fill out questionnaires when he was testing. Under concerns, I wrote that he has never been away from me for more than 2-1/2 hours at a time. He is still very attached to me. Full day kindergarten is going to be a huge adjustment for me (I mean him!).


Here is my Pre-K student at her 3-year-old spring program. She absolutely loves school, and she is by far the most motivated person in our family! I hope that her contagious zeal for life continues long past preschool!


Justin didn't do anything special this month. I really, really wish that I could announce that he is potty-trained...but, I can't :(. He is very cute these days, but he is quickly becoming three. And, three is much harder for me than sweet 2! I miss my sweet boy as he seems to be picking up all the bad habits of his older siblings (but, luckily, some of their best traits too!).

And yes, he has a pink nightgown on in this picture (it's a bribe picture for when he is older...ha!). My husband and I are exhausted at night by the time bath time rolls around. We run around like crazy people trying to get everyone bathed and ready for bed. A few weeks ago, I walked in to find my husband putting this nightgown (intended for Cecilia) on Justin. Once he realized what he was doing, we all (including the kids) had a good laugh. Nothing like comic relief...and picture opps!



Here is my baby...walking her baby!!! I absolutely love this age (13 months). Yet, I also find it to be one of the most challenging. She is quite fearless...which makes it harder to keep her safe. Although the other kids love playgrounds, I do not love chasing Lucy up the structures (with huge open gaps) intended for 5-12 year olds! She gets knocked over many times a day (we're not used to a little one walking up behind us yet!), and she loves to be held between the hours of 4-6 p.m...precisely when I'm trying to get dinner on the table. Oh well...I only need to look at her siblings to see how fast she'll grow!

Thank you God for all these spring milestones. I know, with Your grace, that we will survive (I dear hope even enjoy!?!) summer (I write this because my first week with all the kids home is proving to be exactly what I thought it would be...transitions are hard!).



No comments:

Post a Comment