Friday, December 21, 2012

Happiness is...

1. Paint...
My kids love to paint. They ask to paint all the time. I joke with my friends that I like to "outsource" arts and crafts. I have so much to clean up already, why would I possibly want to clean up (insert art supply here!) also?!? These smiling children remind me why:  The joy is in the creative process!


2. Snowflakes...
My kindergartener learned how to cut snowflakes this week. You know...fold a white piece of paper and go to town cutting out random snippets every which way. The result...a masterpiece! I have to keep after her to clean up all the scraps, but she is busy making them as Christmas gifts for everyone in the family. This is a great reminder that Christmas gifts do not have to cost a lot...it is the love behind them that matters!

 3. Coffee...
I had a few friends over yesterday morning. It was most likely our last playdate in this house before we move. Our families have grown, so it was a lot squishier than when we first started playing here six years ago!

We shared laughter, fellowship, and encouragement over a hot cup of coffee. Coffee brings people together, and it just makes me happy (and more alert!). Maybe next year I will remember to bring out my nice Christmas mugs :).


4. Our Christmas tree...
I really didn't want to put up our tree this year. Not because I don't like Christmas trees, but because we are moving in mid-January, and the thought of UNpacking anything seemed like a rotten idea :). But, we have kids, and Santa needs to put his gifts under the tree (and the table top fiber-optic tree wasn't cutting it!).

I tried to capture Lucy discovering the tree for the first time. I wanted to capture the glowing tree and the wondrous look on her face. All I got was a blurry picture, but it will still bring to mind precious memories!

5. CRAZY
I'm having one of those days when I feel like answering, "Crazy," every time someone asks me how I am. Despite my efforts at creating order, chaos is finding me at every single turn! And, I have to remind myself....that's just fine! For...the craziness of having young children is God's will for me right now...and my joy (if I only remember to enjoy the wild ride!).







No comments:

Post a Comment