Friday, February 8, 2013

All for me...


I would feel guilty writing this next week...as Lent will have begun! But, for today...that cup of coffee and brownie are all for me! It's all I have this morning...to make me feel happy. Okay, that's incredibly dramatic and not true, but my children are full of drama today...so it must be spilling over!


You can't even tell in this picture, but Cecilia has a goose egg under her hair clip and a cut under her eye. One was an accident...she crashed into her big brother in the hallway of preschool (causing quite a scene!). The other injury was the result of a toy thrown at her face by her frustrated little brother. I think she should steer clear of brothers for the rest of the day :).

The rest of the morning hasn't been much better. I'll spare you the details. In the grand scheme of things, it has been a pretty normal morning. And, I like normal. I am very blessed with my normal. But, thank God for coffee and chocolate to escape for a few moments...

And, in case you were wondering, I am not strong enough to give up one or both of these vices for Lent. I fear that everyone else around me would pay...and that would be their sacrifice (putting up with me), not mine! I did manage to give up coffee one recent Lent...but that was three kids ago :). I am still preparing my mind and heart for the start of Lent...obviously.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment