Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Greener grass...

This is a picture of some of my kids with their good buddies. It was a gorgeous late summer day, and my good friends and I hit one of Harrisburg's gems for a nature walk and picnic. It's called Wildwood Sanctuary and Nature Center, and it's a great place to get away from it all. I love Harrisburg, but I don't think there are as many "pretty" places to get away compared to some places I've lived. This place fits the bill though!

I was thinking of that late summer day as I walked back from the bus stop today on this chilly, damp morning.  I've mentioned before that I love fall. The sight of  pumpkins, mums, and apples make me extremely happy. I love the nip in the air, and I'll choose sweat pants any day over shorts!

But, there is something to be said for the warm sun on your shoulders....and running outside without worrying if you're wearing enough layers (which I did not this morning!). And, the carefree days of no schedules. I truly love the routine and predictability that the school year brings, but rushing to the bus stop on a day that you really wanted to stay in bed can kind of mess with your head a little!

Of course, I realize that I might have had to go to work today, so I'm grateful for the opportunity to stay home with my children. Thus starts my "gift" list for the day...

Thank you God for the memories of summer fun to warm and cheer me this day.  Thank you for friends to create these memories with. Thank you for a lazy morning with playful preschoolers, a napping baby, and a second cup of coffee (and a chance to type this post!). Thank you the seasons (hence the name of this blog!) which go round and round in this amazing journey of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment