Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Splendid...


This morning Joseph (4-1/2) made me laugh over breakfast. He told me that Thomas is his favorite train because of his "splendid" blue paint. I love it! Splendid. I know this adjective is common in other cultures (hence Joseph hears it often in his well-loved Thomas the Tank Engine movies). But, I rarely hear the word. It instantly made me think of wildflowers. I don't know about splendid paint, but surely, wildflowers are splendid!

Then I thought about Luke's Gospel (well, I couldn't remember what Gospel it was from, but I looked it up!):

"Notice how the flowers grow.  They do not toil or spin.  But I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of them.  If God so clothes the grass in the field that grows today and is thrown into the oven tomorrow, will he not much more provide for you, O you of little faith?" (Luke 12:27-28)

This quote comforted me. We have sold our home (as I wrote about last post), but we do not know where we are going. I know my prayers are heard, but the answer to them isn't clear yet (in this instance). The reminder that God will provide for us is a good thought that is carrying me through this day. Praise be to God.

As I was walking Gianna to the bus this morning, she pointed out the gorgeous fall foliage. "Aren't the trees beautiful, Mommy?" Splendid!


No comments:

Post a Comment